Committee meetings are held every two months, following a set agenda and minutes are circulated subsequently. Members are welcome to attend these meetings where they may express their views, but they have no voting rights.
An Annual General Meeting is held each year on the first Wednesday of July. At the meeting, members will have the opportunity to:
- ask questions about the BUG’s operations and finances, and
- discuss the detail of items on the agenda.
Members will be asked to vote to:
- accept the minutes of the last AGM
- accept the annual report for the year
- accept the annual financial statement for the year
- elect committee members.
Members are invited to nominate themselves for positions on the Committee.
The office bearers’ posts of President, Secretary, and Treasurer are available for nomination along with that of Ordinary Members. All members of the Committee hold additional duties to ensure the comprehensive operation of the Group.
Immediately following the AGM, a report is submitted to Consumer Affairs, Victoria.