The West Gate Tunnel Project Authority reports that the project will deliver over 14 km of new and upgraded walking and cycling paths:
- A completed Federation Trail and missing links in the Kororoit Creek Trail
- A new 2.5 km elevated veloway which will give cyclists a safe and express route to and from the city
- Connecting Spotswood and Yarraville with a new pedestrian and cycling path from Hyde Street Reserve to Spotswood Station
- A new connection along Hyde Street and Harris Street in Yarraville which will redirect cyclists from the dangerous intersection of Somerville Road and Whitehall Street
- A new cycling and pedestrian bridge connecting Yarraville Gardens and the Maribyrnong River
- New, safer cycling and pedestrian bridge across Moonee Ponds Creek at Dynon Road
- A new bridge crossing over Footscray Road at Moonee Ponds Creek Trail, avoiding the busy signalised intersection.
See the project authority web site walking and cycling for further information.